9/8/17

Meet Pat!

From time to time we like to feature one of our members here on our blog so we can learn more about each other.  Today's member is Patricia who will be teaching A Taste of Beaded Edging technique to us in October.  We hope you enjoy learning more about her!

*****
grew up in the suburbs of New York City and married my high school sweetheart .  We have lived all over the country and have two children and two grandchildren. Even though we have lived in Florida longer than anywhere else New York will always be home.   Before retiring and moving to St Johns, I worked as the Administrator in a physician office. fullsizeoutput_177d 
My interest in cross stitch, sewing and  knitting began when I was a teen and I was encouraged by an aunt and also a neighbor. But I became an avid stitcher while living in Colorado in the 1980s. There a neighbor introduced me to EGA and my horizons were expanded when I saw the beautiful work the women in both the Foothills and Colorado chapters were doing. It is a wonderful way to meet people who share my interest when moving to a new city. IMG_0800 
My favorite piece is usually what I am working on at the moment. I love needlepoint, quilting and cross stitch.  A few of my my favorites designers are Blackbird Designs, Plum Street, Country Cottage, Little House, and Lizzie Kate.
IMG_0802 
I have been able to participate in many Regional and National seminars and have done numerous group correspondence courses.  Each class I have taken has expanded my knowledge  and allowed me to meet many new people who have enriched my life. My all-time favorite teacher is Jody Adams. Her needlepoint designs were beautiful and challenging. She is sweet, fun and taught me to love making French knots.  
IMG_0803
My other favorite hobbies are traveling in this country and abroad. I love snow skiing in the Rockies and snorkeling in the Caribbean, seeing Broadway shows in NYC and spending time in my favorite Italian city, Florence. 
*****

Thank you Pat!

2 comments:

tonyamay said...

Is she in harms way of Irma? Love her projects.

woolwoman said...

great feature Patricia - we LOVE having you in duClay. Enjoyed seeing some of your work. We hope you are here to stay! Mel